ENCOPIM has its own real time closed-loop digital control system, that together with test management software for fatigue, static or multi-axial tests (RTEST) or customized for impact tests (RTEST- UITS), allow carrying out tests on materials, components, assemblies and systems, with several driving technologies: servo-electric, servo- hydraulic and servo-pneumatic.
Three different workstation versions are available: vertical cabinet, low cabinet and compact (desktop) versions.
ENCOPIM’s control system presents a modular topology that brings the possibility of adapting each control system size to the specific needs of every user at each time.
Tens of actuators, drives, transducers and sensors can be connected via field bus working independently or truly synchronized, freely combined in different clusters for the same or different tests.
In case of future expansion needs, further actuators, transducers or sensors can easily be connected to the existing system by just reconfiguring the software.
Besides the modular and expandable configuration, thanks to the field bus simplicity in wiring is another key advantage.
Sampling and control rates depend on the number of channels; data logging sampling and limit, event and peak detection can reach up to 10 kHz and control loop update up to 5 kHz.
Two different field bus versions are available: • SCE-CAT: Servo Controller Ether-CAT, and • SCP-NET: Servo Controller PROFINET.
The main features of ENCOPIM’s software are:
- Multi-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux…) user friendly software intended for a wide range of applications: from a simple data acquisition to complex multi-axial fatigue tests reproducing inputs logged in-service (RTEST); from static uni-axial tests (RTEST) to repetitive dynamic tests (RTEST-UITS). Allowing simultaneous tests, choosing those sensors and actuators required.
- Test files, including test rig configuration as well as test conditions and results, can be easily set, saved, recovered, copied, etc. by the user.
- It is tamper proof including 3 levels password structure (administrator, advanced user and operator).
- Calibration can be done by users themselves. Calibration settings of both attached transducers and drive signals by means of up to 3rd degree polynomial curves for each Analog Input & Output.
- Setting of names, units and conversion factors for AI and AO’s
- Safety limits available
- Chebyshev and Butterworth filters for each AI configurable for test rig and for each project
- Controllers available: classic or cascade PID. With the Cascade PID, sensors from both the inside and outside loop can be selected, as well as the PID parameters for each of them.
- Manual control mode available
- Off-line data visualization and export as image, CSV or o other programs
- Generation of standardized reports according to be bespoken customer’s requirements
RTEST-UITS software advantages:
- Translation of Machine Coordinates System (MCS) to Car Coordinate System (CCS), and vice versa
- Impact points may be entered from existing data base.
- Automatic position corrections
- Triggering system to integrate external elements such as airbag, lighting system, camera, external velocity measurer or climatic chamber
- Impact points saving data base
- Surface angles scan
- Reading of impact coordinates directly from machine
- Ambient temperature correction
- Impactors data base
- Safety system against crashing of positioning system
- Impact historical record
- Coordinates visualization from RF remote control
- Guided test preparation ensures no relevant data is forgotten to enter.
CONTROL SYSTEM SOFTWARE RTEST software advantages:
- Signals can be combined to create virtual control channels
- Specific sequences for the activation/deactivation of power units
- Structures allow choosing sensors and actuators to be used in a specific test rig configuration.
- Level crossing available
- Detailed definition of data register for project, phases and criteria
- Possibility to stop power units at test end or after test error
- Creation of blocks for periodic signals → test tree definition
- Transitions and stabilization time for signals available
- Criteria: fulfillment of conditions trigger actions
- Variety of test signals: ramp rate for static tests, periodic waveforms (sine, triangular, square, trapezoidal or customized) and in-service logged signals (from real or simulated conditions) from a data file can be reproduced.
- Signal modifiers available: general or NLAC® (ENCOPIM’s Non-Linear Adaptive Control algorithm). NLAC® is a new and innovative control algorithm specially aimed at non-lineal systems, for fatigue tests with cyclic solicitations with a minimal deviation on the required signal, as regards both peak values and phase difference. As the iteration to adjust the response is a real-time process, any deviation due to disturbances or sample deterioration can be automatically corrected. That means the system self-learns, continuously self-adapting to fit the required signal regardless the specimen stiffness change along the test being able to virtually suppress the phase shifting between command and actual signals.
- Thresholds available
- Three different levels and seven types (including trace) of alarms available
- Different graph and table on-line data visualization modes available: (i) graphical in time base (i.e. force or position versus time); (ii) graphical X-Y (i.e. force versus position); (iii) table of last cycle’s values for maximum, minimum, peak to peak, and average; and (iv) level crossing visualization graph.